Any United Methodist interested in presenting a 10 to 12 minute address on the subject of “Extravagant Generosity” at the Annual Conference at Lake Junaluska in June 2014 and the Gathering of the Laity in August 2014 is invited to submit a proposed address for consideration. Separate Laity Addresses will be selected for each event. Some additional speakers may be selected as Lay Witnesses at the Gathering.
1. Submissions must be based on the theme or a closely related one.
2. Submissions must have a cover page with the following information: name of submitter, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, local church, District, and a new requirement recommendation signature of the Local Church Lay Leader. Manuscripts must be typewritten and pages must be numbered.
3. Manuscripts must be received by March 28, 2014.
4. The actual presentation must be as submitted in the manuscript.
5. This invitation is open to all United Methodist Laity in the Western North Carolina Conference, excluding members of the Board on Laity.
Send submissions to: Wade D. Loftin, Conference Director of Lay Speaking Ministries, 5570 Windemere Circle, Trinity, NC by March 28, 2014. Submissions may be emailed. Phone (336) 431-7458, or email@example.com with questions.